Sunday, July 28, 2013

After great pain a formal feeling. *

Dear You:

Rooted in love, was I, yet now
all love has eroded.
My strength evolved. And I

shall open the cells [one by one]
around your scarce heart.  Revisit
those last words spoken to me &
eat out the lies behind your lips.

My name written on each piece of
your flesh... until I become as rain on a
windsheild; blurring all else except my face,
the sound of my voice... my scent...
4ever woven in your mind.

Call me, maybe?
Me

whirl

*8 title- E.D.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely presentation... I especially like the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY, this poem gathers all the heart of mine, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great means of releasing some of the most difficult aspects when love turns out to be less than what we desired most.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. There seems to be no vengeance like a woman scorned...still! "Eat out your lies behind your lips" was particularly vindictive. Despite cowering in a corner, I did enjoy it...honest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felling bad about being scorned is genderless. Don't cower no one is going to hurt you, Old Egg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mishla, the last stanza is wonderful.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad when love ends this way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. True. However, makes good poetry fodder.

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your positve-heartfelt thoughts.